Monday, May 9, 2016

Menu Monday

I AM SO HAPPY THERE IS AN ALDI BY ME NOW. Shopping here in LA has been a challenge, with me going to three stores to stay under budget. It wasn't that big of a deal, but now that's it's over omg I am so excited. My first trip there was the day after we got back from a weekend away. We had no food, I had no plan, and I was hungry. All the big shopping no-no's. I bought whatever I remembered buying in Pittsburgh along with 3 bottles of wine, and a venus fly trap. And I still spent $30 less than usual! All hail Aldi. 




My only sad is that I'll have to make a special trip to Sprouts to get spices special items from the bulk bins. No biggie! I am also going to try my hand at making Italian bread on Monday. A few years ago I took time out to teach myself how to bake, but I don't think I ever did a true Italian loaf for sandwiches. We'll see how it goes, especially since my stand mixer is in storage. Good thing I've been working out! Here's what on our menu for the week: 

Breakfast
Avocado toast
Eggs + potatoes
Cereal
Yogurt parfait

Lunch
Sandwiches + chips
Miso soup
Quinoa patties + roasted vegetables
Salad

Dinner
BBQ meatball sliders + roasted vegetables + cute little roasted potatoes
Pasta + salad + garlic bread
Asparagus & mushroom cheesy toasts + eggs
Pineapple & tofu stir fry + edamame 
Homemade pizza + popcorn 

Snacks
Fruit + cheese
Crudite
Smoothies

Do you know what you're eating this week? If so, what are you most excited about?

Need some help getting started? My Menu Planning Basics post is HERE.

All of the recipes I'm using this week are AND some sweet free printables are all pinned on the Mind On Your Money Pinterest page, check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment